Marketing & Communications Assistant
The employer is: ARMAGH ROBINSON LIBRARY. This job will involve working for Armagh Robinson Library, Northern Ireland’s oldest public library, an accredited museum and popular visitor attraction..
- Assist staff in promoting and enhancing the profile of Armagh Robinson Library and No. 5 Vicars' Hill.
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation for stories and media-worthy material.
- Assist with the preparation of content for the Library's website and social media, to include basic editing of images.
- Assist with the delivery of social media campaigns, helping to write, edit and produce content.
- Be proactive and innovative in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for promoting and enhancing the image and profile of the Library and No. 5 Vicars' Hill.
- Undertake other duties that seek to enhance communications and marketing activities.
- Adhere to all Library policies and procedures, including Health and Safety regulations.
- Undertake training as appropriate and provide feedback and comments to maintain the high standard of the Library.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk with whom you may come into contact.
- Any other reasonable duties which fall within the remit of this job role.
Skills and Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent, at Grade C or above.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Skills in ICT and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Copywriting and graphic design skills to produce marketing materials for both print and online.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Willing to learn new skills and commit to continuous self-development.
- Ability to work outside normal opening hours when required, which may from time to time include evenings and weekends.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Media Studies or a related subject.
- Experience of recording and editing films.
- An interest in history and heritage.
The employer is: ARMAGH ROBINSON LIBRARY. Salary: 16-17yrs £4.81, 18-20yrs £6.83, 21-22yrs £8.36, 23-24yrs £9.50. Although this is a part-time temporary opportunity hours may be extended and it could lead to a permanent position. The job advert may end before the closing date if requested by the employer. You will be entitled to annual leave during this job opportunity. Work time: Hours within Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
JOBSTART IS OPEN TO 16-24 YEAR OLDS. If you are on UC contact your Work Coach via your Journal. If you are in receipt of JSA, IS or ESA phone a Work Coach on 0300 200 7807. If you are 18-24 years and not in receipt of benefits phone 028 9072 6797 to check if you are eligible for the Scheme.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Co Armagh
- Armagh/Remote Working
- See Further Info.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date