Policy Advisor - Cathy Mason
Cathy Mason is recruiting a Policy Advisor based within Stormont. This is a part-time role and working patterns can be discussed at interview. .
- Monitoring events in Assembly and ensuring MLA is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Conducting research/providing research briefing. The research briefing may vary.
- Identifying media/press opportunities and advising on press strategy Establishing personal networks/attending conferences
- Providing rapid accurate and detailed research on a wide range of devolved policy issues to deliver written and oral briefings as required Reviewing professional publications/participating in professional societies
- Duties may vary depending on the political landscape or the MLA portfolio. Therefore, the list above is not an exhaustive list and job duties may vary throughout the MLAs period in Assembly.
- Providing rapid accurate and detailed research on a wide range of devolved policy issues to deliver written and oral briefings as required
- Reviewing professional publications/participating in professional societies
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in a Parliamentary role
- A thorough knowledge of the political landscape and the broad policy platform of the MLA. Please detail.
- A strong commitment to Sinn Feins values
- An ability to analyse and communicate complex information
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) and 1 year experience in a policy role or at least two years relevant experience in a policy role. (Experience must be recent, within the past 5 years).
Please email email@example.com for an application form
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Stormont, Parliament Buildings
- £19.71 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date