Viberoptix Ltd is a fast growing, leading telecommunications company, delivering frontline services to fibre network providers across the UK and Ireland. We are looking for Project Managers to take the lead in ensuring the day-to-day project management of our network construction projects, including scope and schedule management, risk and issue management, budget control and resource and people management. This is a hands-on position with high level of competency required. The candidate will be expected to hold a high level of ownership for their area of responsibility..
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the project scope
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope, building a detailed project plan to track progress
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones
- Ensure non-people resources are identified so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Ensure there is a robust process in place for risk and issue management instigating mitigation actions and identifying contingency plans to keep the project on track
- Provide day to day management for the project; time, cost and quality
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal person will have a proven track record of managing and delivering projects to time cost and quality within the telecommunications / IT industry.
- 3 plus years experience in project management
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- Facilitation and workshop experience
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Risk and Issue Management experience
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project
- Full UK driving licence
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
Monday to Friday. Hours to be confirmed.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Tyrone
- To be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date