Health Improvement Worker (Inequalities)
This post is aimed at building on the existing relationship between the Health sector and Local Government. In achieving this the post holder will be supported by the Public Health Agency (PHA)..
- This post is aimed at building on the existing relationship between the Health sector and Local Government. In achieving this the post holder will be supported by the Public Health Agency (PHA).
- The Health Improvement Worker will champion key health improvement priorities between local government and the health sector, identified by Newry, Mourne and Down District Council (NMDDC) and the Public Health Agency (PHA).
- This will be achieved by developing and delivering on an action plan to improve the health outcomes for marginalised, disadvantaged and excluded individuals and communities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Have a minimum of a Level 4 qualification, for e.g. HNC in line with the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) or equivalent.
- Demonstrate at least 1 years experience within the public, private or voluntary sector, with responsibility for delivering health improvement projects.
- In lieu of qualification demonstrate 2 years experience working within the public, private or voluntary sector, with responsibility for delivering health improvement projects.
- One years experience in successfully delivering a variety of projects simultaneously and achieving results to meet timeframes, with external agencies.
- Experience of developing and managing key partnerships and/or forums.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in use of e-mail and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of health inequalities and their impact on target communities.
- Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and public/bank holidays.
Work time: 9am-5pm. Newry Mourne and Down District Council is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to appointing the best person for the job, irrespective of gender, marital/family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, race, age or sexual orientation. The Council particularly welcomes applications from the Protestant community.
Please apply online at www.newrymournedown.org/jobs
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Management Consultancy
- Co Down
- Newry, Monaghan Row
- £30,984 - £32,798 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date