EO1 Contracts Manager
The Department of Justice (DoJ) was established in April 2010, following the devolution of justice powers to the Northern Ireland Assembly. The mission of DoJ is to build a fair, just and safer community in Northern Ireland. DoJ has a range of powers relating to devolved policing and justice functions set out in the Northern Ireland Act 1998 (Devolution of Policing and Justice Functions) Order 2010. DoJ provides resources and a legislative framework for its agencies and arms length bodies, which together constitute most of the justice system in Northern Ireland. DoJ, in addition to its own core departmental policy areas, has five agencies: -Northern Ireland Prison Service -Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service (NICTS) -Youth Justice Agency -Forensic Science Northern Ireland -Legal Services Agency Northern Ireland.
- Best practice contract management of allocated contracts delivering value for money and financial savings;
- Ensure project plans are in place for all Contract transitions i.e. after contract award and prior to contract commencement and ensuring communication with key stakeholders;
- Attend/oversee contract review meetings, performance KPI monitoring, problem solving, financial monitoring including identifying efficiencies holding suppliers to account;
- Negotiation skills and building effective relationships, achieving a win/win partnership with contractors;
- Managing contracts, including exiting, changing and contract variations; continuous improvement;
- Disseminating lessons learned and suggestions for improvement in support of future procurement projects;
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must, by the closing date for applications 1. Demonstrate at least one years experience of managing contracts or been involved in project(s) detailing how you have worked to agreed goals and activities while dealing with challenges.
- AND 2. Demonstrate at least one years experience of managing contracts or projects detailing how you have been effective at Achieving Outcomes through Delivery Partners, and maintaining an economic, long-term focus to demonstrate a commercial.
Work time: Monday to Friday. NICS Application form only, Vacancy closing date 9th December at 12 noon. Please Note: This is generic and may change from competition to competition. Applications from young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Visit the recruitment service website www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Please quote reference number: IRC2827258)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Belfast, Laganside House, Oxford Street
- £28,706 - £29,307 per annum (under review)
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date