BCS Management Consultant
About Business Consultancy Services (BCS) BCS is the principle source of internal consultancy services across the NICS, its Executive Agencies and Arm’s Length Bodies. BCS provides an impartial and independent consultancy service and is uniquely placed to shape, plan and deliver change. BCS assists in the delivery of public sector reform through the provision of high quality consultancy support, which ultimately enables the NI Public Sector to improve the delivery of Government Services. Drawing on the latest best practices, BCS leads, develops and implements innovative solutions that enhance economy, efficiency and effectiveness of NI public services. .
- Advising & supporting leaders throughout the public sector as they work to improve the delivery of high quality public services & value for money. As a result you must be able to build & manage trusted working relationships with clients & colleagues.
- Assist in the delivery of a portfolio of consultancy assignments, with thorough in-depth analysis, identification and options assessment and the design of recommendations that addresses a range of business issues.
- Assist in scoping, defining and designing consultancy projects to develop clear, comprehensive written proposals that address business issues and meet client needs.
- Undertake key tasks to deliver on a range of projects and interventions, applying project and programme management methodologies to ensure they are delivered on time, in budget and working to exceed client objectives and expectations.
- Apply data analytical and digital skills to support consultancy delivery, including research, data collection, analysis and interpretation to support the forming of evidenced based recommendations.
- For further information please refer to the Candidate Information Booklet (CIB)
Skills and Qualifications
- EC1 A minimum of 2 years' demonstrable experience of effective leadership and communication, setting and prioritising goals to meet organisational business objectives;
- EC2 A minimum of 2 years' relevant experience working in management consultancy (Please refer to CIB) or business improvement teams to deliver a quality service, using consultancy techniques, to meet the requirements of a diverse range of customers;
- EC3 Demonstrate practical experience gained within the last 5 years in any 2 of the 5 areas below. You should demonstrate how your personal contribution added value to the business / organisation and the impact/result achieved: (Please refer to CIB)
- SC1 Demonstrate practical experience gained within the last 5 years in an additional area detailed in Eligibility Criterion 3.
NICS Application form only, Vacancy closing date Friday 16th December 2022 at 12 noon. Applications from Protestants, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcome for this post. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
Visit the recruitment service website www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Please quote reference number IRC273952)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Belfast, however successful candidates must be prepared to work in any location in Northern Ireland.
- £32,328 - £33,459 per annum (under review)
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Monday to Friday