Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
The Grounds Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the effective supervision of the team and any premises/ facilities allocated to their location with the Parks Section. They will be expected to ensure efficient and effective service delivery by the Grounds Maintenance squads and provide an administrative service for the whole Grounds Maintenance service to the Parks Manager, ensuring that reports are prepared on time, consistently and accurately. The post holder will be required to monitor and report on grounds maintenance work undertaken by external contractors, ensure efficient and effective service delivery throughout the Borough and provide cover at other sites in the absence of other Grounds Maintenance Supervisors. The post holder will also ensure that the parks have a customer oriented focus with activities and high quality recreational facilities on offer to the public and through customer surveys ensure that the parks continue to provide a service as relevant to the needs of the customer. .
- Ensure the delivery of grounds maintenance services by the squad to specification, frequency and quality required.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of manpower, plant and materials allocated to the squad.
- Please see job description for further information
Skills and Qualifications
- A third level qualification (i.e. HNC/NHD, Level 4, Degree) in line with the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) in a relevant discipline/subject such as horticulture, business, supervision or management.
- Please demonstrate two years experience of supervising and motivating staff teams.
- Please demonstrate two years experience in a wide range of administrative duties including report writing.
- Please demonstrate two years' experience in a grounds maintenance environment (i.e. regular maintenance of a wide range of horticultural features e.g. hedges, grass, synthetics, plants etc.
- Do you Hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK) and have access to a form of transport or have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full.
- Please demonstrate one year's experience of managing absenteeism.
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council declares itself to be an equal opportunities employer Work Time: To be confirmed. Location: Lurgan Park.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- Co Armagh
- £28,226 - £30,095 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date