Junior Accountant - Qualified
Due to expansion a new role has been created to assist the Accountant in this fast-paced company. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, examining and analysing financial reports, records and tax documents as well as ensure effective, cost-efficient and compliant financial practices, whilst assisting Directors in financial decision making. This is a key role in the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities within the company, including supporting business planning, budgeting, risk management and forecasting. .
- Providing timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from annual quarterly and monthly plan and recommending remedial action where necessary
- Ensuring cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing day-today accounting, recording, reporting and internal control activities.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Participation in month end process: balance sheet reconciliations, P&L analytics, calculation of accruals for month end closure; overall responsibility for accounts accuracy
- Arranging financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, however, relevant and successful on the job experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience of commercial accounting
- Experience in the preparation of management information, accounts, VAT and other statutory returns
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
Work time: 9am to 5.30pm.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Accountancy and Finance
- Derry or Londonderry
- £35,000 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date