Passenger Services Officer
Passenger Services Officer with duties listed below..
- The Terminal Services Department provides, on behalf of airlines & aircraft operators, a handling service for their passengers. Provide information, check in, escort and general assistance to scheduled and charter passengers to the highest standard.
- Deal with the general public and provide flight information. Ensure flight information systems are updated and correct. Operate the PA system.
- Make reservations, amend bookings and collect fees in accordance with the operator's procedures. Perform administrative tasks in relation to the ticket desk.
- Ensure that all reports are complete and that monies are correct at the end of a shift and for the weekend.
- Perform operational duties and ensure that all relevant documents are completed in accordance with company and airline policy e.g. load sheets, Passenger Manifests, Flight files, reports etc.
- Provide delay information to relevant departments and airlines, complete SITA functions, deal with disruptive passengers.
- Carry out check-in duties ensuring that passengers are checked in accurately, according to the Airline Policies and Procedures and that AAA requirements are compliant.
- Ensure that the check-in area is well stocked and maintained and that required safety and security information is displayed.
- Escort passengers to and from aircraft and the terminal making sure that safety and security regulations are complied with.
- Maintain proficiency with applicable technology, policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive image of City of Derry Airport and ensure that a high standard of customer care is offered.
- Provide support as necessary to passengers requiring additional assistance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must possess 4 GCSEs to Grade C or have an equivalent qualification.
- Preference may be given to those applicants with 1-2 years relevant customer service experience however full training will be provided.
- Experience of working in an airport environment.
Worktime: Flexible hours through Sunday to Saturday.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Travel and Tourism
- Derry or Londonderry
- City of Derry Airport
- £10.43 per hour.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date