As part of the Payroll Section working within Financial Support Services and under the requirements of the Employment Rights Act 1996, provide timely and accurate payments to differing types of Education Authority employees and independent bodies within agreed deadlines, subject to varying conditions of service and statutory legislation; Provide information to professionals (internal and external) and outside agencies under statutory and non-statutory requirements..
- Operate and maintain manual and computerised payroll records for various categories of employees, to ensure timely and accurate payments and deductions to Authority employees and independent bodies, under varying conditions of service.
- Process and input all prepared data to the specialised payroll system (currently Resourcelink) ensuring accurate reconciliation of details.
- Process and control the input of sickness and maternity records for all employees ensuring accurate calculation of occupational and statutory entitlements subject to timely receipt and authorisation of medical evidence.
- Verify the accuracy of all output reports, payments and deductions, reworking calculations where necessary, ensuring total accuracy prior to release for payment.
- Operate and maintain manual and computerised pension records, ensuring total accuracy of detail, which impacts on the level of pension benefits due to employees.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold NVQ Level 3, BTEC National or two 'A' Levels or equivalent or higher qualifications and have a minimum of one year's administrative/clerical experience of working in a financial environment; OR
- Have a minimum of three years administrative/clerical experience of working in a financial environment.
- Demonstrable experience of using computerised software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable experience of using Resourcelink or a similar computerised payroll system.
Worktime: Monday - Friday. There are four immediate fixed terms vacancies at present, 3 in the Omagh Office and 1 in the Ballymena Office. Suitable applicants who are not appointed to one of these immediate vacancies will be placed on a reserve list which will remain valid for one year and may be offered similar fixed-term appointments at the discretion of the EA during that period. The Education Authority is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply through the link below: https://eani.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=22004961&lang=en
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Accountancy and Finance
- All of Northern Ireland
- Please see further information
- £22,369 - £26,845 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date