Our client is seeking a Combined HGV/LGV Driver Loader is to provide operational cover for all vehicles and associated duties utilised in Open Spaces and Streetscene Services and City Services..
- Operate any in-cab telematics systems as required including bin lifts containing bin weighing equipment, bins with data chips, vehicle safety equipment and to report to management any defects to such equipment in a timely manner
- Use all equipment and tools provided safely and ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, to the required service standards, ensuring that work areas are left in a high standard of cleanliness
- Empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection, recycling and disposal of waste. To supervise any inspection process required to ensure that materials presented for recycling are not contaminated
- Participate in recycling promotional activities, leaflet drops, bin sticker attachment and other public survey work. To be available for staff briefing and toolbox talks and be able to relay all relevant information to the team.
- Safely carry out priority cleansing, and collecting priority waste: segregating and disposing, recycling and composting of waste as required. This includes the safe use of any equipment and associated materials required for the waste cleaning process
- Undertake all gully sucking, and other clearance of drains as required.
- Empty all skips safely, with due regard to the safety of staff and the public, and report any defects to the appropriate line manager
- Load the vehicle with sweepers waste bags etc, remove bags and awkward household waste from its location, assist staff with heavy and other items as necessary
- Monitor the daily operation and provide management information regarding; recycling collections, contamination, additional premises and households not yet participating in recycling, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Have a full, current Category C driving licence which enables them to drive appropriate large refuse collection vehicles in Northern Ireland (a vehicle will be provided for the purposes of fulfilling the duties of this post)
- Have a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Be able to demonstrate at least six months relevant work experience in each of the following two areas, driving a LGV in a commercial or public sector environment and dealing dealing directly with members of the public in person
Our client is seeking a Combined HGV/LGV Driver Loader is to provide operational cover for all vehicles and associated duties utilised in Open Spaces and Streetscene Services and City Services.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- £10.60 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date