Quality Manager (Senior Scientific Officer)
FSNI is an Executive Agency within the Department Of Justice, employing approximately 203 staff, and providing a wide range of scientific services and expertise to assist in the investigation of crime and the presentation of scientific evidence in court. The Agency is an independent organisation providing a service to its main customers, the Police Service of Northern Ireland, the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland, the NI State Pathologist as well as a number of other customers in NI and further afield. The Agency provides a full range of forensic science services through its operational casework sections, each of which consists of a number of teams which focus on a particular forensic science discipline. FSNI enjoys an international reputation for its breadth of expertise and experience. FSNI’s primary purpose is the provision of effective scientific advice to support the delivery of justice. The position is principally concerned with ensuring that the science practised by the Agency is fit for purpose and that the Agency’s Quality Management System (QMS) is developed and maintained. The post offers the successful candidate the opportunity to lead a small team dedicated to ensuring that FSNI maintains and develops its present quality standards. Sound scientific knowledge and skills will be supported by good oral and written communication skills, which will allow the post-holder to communicate scientific findings to non-scientists, both orally and in writing..
- Providing support to all staff to ensure national accreditation is achieved, maintained and extended for the range of the scientific processes provided by the Agency to its customers.
- Developing and maintaining the Agencys Quality Management System
- Managing the production, implementation and review of the documentation required to demonstrate the effectiveness of the QMS
- Managing a team of internal auditors drawn from staff within FSNI
- Developing and maintaining the programme of Quality Assurance trials, proficiency tests, collaborative exercises, including internal exercises, as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate in their application form: A degree level qualification or equivalent in a scientific discipline relevant to the casework of the laboratory Scientific casework disciplines such as Chemistry or Biology.
- AND At least 2 years' experience of quality assurance in a multidisciplinary quality management system to ISO/IEC 17025:2017, within the last five years.
- AND At least one years' experience leading in a quality assurance position or field.
- AND At least two years' experience of managing and production of an internal audit programme.
- AND At least two years' experience of managing internal and external proficiency testing and/or inter/intra-laboratory testing programme.
Salary: £39,748 - £42,639 per annum (under review) Work time: Monday to Friday, times to be confirmed. NICS Application form only, Vacancy closing date 23rd December 2022 at 12 noon. Please Note: This is generic and may change from competition to competition. Applications from Protestants, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Paste into a web browser: www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Please quote reference number: IRC281921)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Co Antrim
- Seapark, Carrickfergus
- See further information.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date