Senior Electrical Engineer
Randox is welcoming applications for the position of a Senior Electrical Engineer based in the Randox Science Park in Antrim. .
- Developing design concepts based on User Requirements.
- Contributing to the development of Functional Requirements from User Requirements and approved conceptual designs.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, clearly communicating requirements to other team members to ensure development and testing is co-ordinated appropriately.
- Identifying appropriately specified Commercial off-the-shelf hardware for use within a system.
- Advising on the content of engineering Standard Operating Procedures to ensure continuous improvement within the department.
- Liaising with the purchasing department on the identification and evaluation of suitable suppliers.
- Generating and maintaining technical documentation including work instructions, bills of materials, and critical components lists.
- Contributing to engineering risk identification / reductions / analysis including FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Application of electrical design knowledge for printed circuit board designs including prototyping, integration, and assembly of designs into systems for assessment.
- Troubleshooting technical problems on existing designs and identifying possible solutions.
- Contribution to continuous improvement of engineering products through application of methods of part reduction, reuse of existing designs and minimising part counts
- Assistance in satisfying regulatory requirements for in-house designs to the Medical Device Regulation (MDR), In-Vitro Diagnostic Regulation (IVDR), Low Voltage Directive, and Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive.
Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a higher-level qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent or be able to demonstrate appropriate industrial experience.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience in electronic design, covering both analogue and digital circuits
- Ability to contribute to project and regulatory paperwork.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronic design concepts.
- Fundamental knowledge and practical application of electronic design theory.
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing principles.
- Experience of European Conformity (CE) product marking, technical file creation, or design for global regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of ISO13485, EN14971, EN61010 or knowledge of Food and Drug Administration guidance for the development of medical devices.
- Knowledge of Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC) standards for design or manufacturing of cables or Printed Circuit Boards.
Work time: 08:40 - 17:20, days to be confirmed
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Antrim
- Negotiable, to be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date