Fraud Investigator Staff Officer
While not an exhaustive or prescriptive list of responsibilities, an indication of the main duties of the SO grade in the NICS is provided below. The emphasis on particular duties will vary depending on departmental business priorities and needs. The working environment can be fast-paced and there are often competing priorities with urgent tasks requiring completion within challenging timescales. These roles will give you the opportunity to develop and enhance your competence in a number of core areas..
- Contribute to development and delivery of policy through research and analysis
- Manage an area of operational delivery
- Provide advice, recommendations and support to managers
- Engage with a range of stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- To apply for this role you must have: A minimum of 2 years' demonstrable experience of effective leadership and communication, setting and prioritising goals to meet organisational business objectives;
- AND A minimum of 2 years' experience of managing the delivery of a quality service including identifying and implementing improvements to meet the requirements of a diverse range of customers.
- AND Secured a Professionalism in Security or an Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist qualification or an equivalent qualification.
- AND A minimum of 2 years' experience gained within the last five years of working autonomously and applying innovation to achieve a successful investigation linked to potentially serious and organised crime.
- AND A minimum of 2 years' experience gained within the last five years of building and maintaining successful working relationships, with other criminal justice agencies, outside your own organisation, to develop and deliver shared objectives.
- SHORTLISTING CRITERION: Have a minimum of 2 years experience, gained within the last 5 years, of attending the Magistrates and/or Crown Courts and acting as court officer.
Salary: £32,328 - £33,459 per annum (under review). Work time: Monday to Friday, times to be confirmed. NICS Application form only, Vacancy closing date 23rd December at 12 noon.’ Please Note: This is generic and may change from competition to competition. Applications from Protestants, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Paste into a web browser: www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Please quote reference number: IRC287410)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- All of Northern Ireland
- Throughout Northern Ireland
- See further information.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date