Our client, a soft drink manufacturer, is seeking a Shift Leader to join their team, based in Ballymena. The purpose of the Shift Leader is to drive the development and implementation of Company Strategy, champion best practice in the workplace and act as a driver for change and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to influence change and drive business agenda, particularly those initiatives affecting you and your line, and to ensure that communication becomes a 2-way channel focussed on transparency. .
- Lead your shift towards achieving targets and maintaining a positive team and working environment by working in a cooperative manner and providing support to work colleagues on your line as needed and adapting to change positively
- Perform duties to the highest standard ensuring your teams work to standard operating procedures in a safe and efficient manner to maximise production and achieve targets
- Monitor and manage changeovers / ramp ups to ensure all are completed in a timely and accurate manner and vigilantly monitor Line performance, addressing any problems promptly to minimise downtime, thus maximising line performance
- Liaise with Senior Management Team when critical issues regarding product non-conformance, safety and/or production issues arise.
- Communicate in a respectful, professional and timely manner with Managers, work colleagues and wider team to maintain continuity of production and ensure a safe, efficient working environment for all.
- Promote accident prevention on your line by ensuring all safety guidelines and standards are adhered to, ensuring that your Lead op / Technical Sleeve Op are enforcing that correct PPE is being worn at all times and encourage active participation
- Complete all incident forms determining RCA and return to H&S Officer / QSE Manager and identify, communicate and eliminate potential hazards. You will be heavily involved in the development of Risk Assessments for all operations under your control
- Manage the Production function ensuring safety, legality and quality of all products produced. Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed with laid down procedures. Inform Production Manager / QSE Manager promptly of anything doubtful
- Actively participate in works and health and safety / HACCP teams and act as a management representative to improve communication and conditions across your lines.
- Using your operational knowledge of Production Lines, recommend potential operational improvements and make controlled adjustments to equipment to optimise the running efficiency.
- Develop and coach your Lead Technical Operators / teams to ensure effective teamwork across and between all shifts.
- Drive Performance management systems by making time to conduct effective one to one performance management discussions, including appraisals and regular communications.
- Monitor and provide clear, balanced and constructive feedback on individual performance.
- Monitor the team's performance to ensure that wastage of product /consumables is kept to a minimum Ensure machine shutdowns are performed at the correct times as per schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that your teams adhere to all GMP guidelines, and all areas are maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene, in line with regulatory, company and customer requirements
- Ensure your Lead Ops complete the basic planned maintenance records, and that paperwork is returned to the Maintenance department.
- Develop a robust training plan for your teams, including technical and operator roles, in liaison with Organisational Development Manager, to include comprehensive SOPs for all machines.
- Ensure your teams comply with all hygiene, environmental and health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others on your line who may be affected by your actions.
- Undertake tasks and projects from time to time as may be reasonably required of you by Management in connection with your duties, e.g. participation in major maintenance projects in conjunction with the maintenance team.
- Any other duties and tasks deemed to be within competence and within reason.
Skills and Qualifications
- Management / Supervisory experience
- H&S qualification or working knowledge of H&S standards
- Experience in an operational / engineering role within a high-speed manufacturing industry
- Previous experience working towards regulatory and customer standards
- Experience in driving process improvements in a FMCG environment
If you're interested in this position, please forward your CV to Andreea.Buzea@industrialtemps.com or contact our Ballymena office on 028 2542 0140 and ask to speak to Andreea. Industrial temps are an equal opportunities employer. Work time - Varying days and nights, 12-hour shifts.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Antrim
- £38,000 - £40,000 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date