Clinical Scientist in Radiological Imaging & Protection
To participate in the provision of scientific support in the delivery of designated services to departments within the region using ionising radiations and to provide direct support to Medical Physics Experts and Radiation Protection Advisors.
- Commissioning and routine performance testing of diagnostic X-ray imaging systems and other equipment emitting ionising radiations
- Participate in the provision of a comprehensive patient dosimetry service
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a 2nd class Honours degree, or equivalent, in Physics or other appropriate science subject
- Demonstrable experience in X-ray imaging physics and Radiation Protection/Safety commensurate with having completed a formal training scheme for clinical scientists
- Registration as Clinical Scientist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) or achievement of registration within 12 months of appointment
- Relevant publication record
- MSc in Medical Physics or a related subject
- PhD in Medical Physics or related subject
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Belfast, Medical Physics Department, Forster Green Hospital
- £40,057 - £45,839 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- To be confirmed.