Health Care Assistant
We are recruiting for Health Care Assistants to join our Sunnyside Retreat Care Home. Assist staff with the assessment and implementation of individual care plans undertaking daily tasks and activities as directed in order to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all residents..
- Assist staff with the assessment and implementation of individual care plans undertaking daily tasks and activities as directed in order to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all residents.
- Working efficiently with the multidisciplinary team to approach patient care.
- Assist nursing/residential home residents with all personal care required, including: Bathing in bed/bathroom/chair to include essential aspects of personal hygiene.
- Duty to observe and monitor the wellbeing of residents ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly reported to senior staff and documented appropriately.
- Additionally, staff must ensure they are aware of the local child and adult safeguarding policies and procedures furthermore who to contact within the local authority for safeguarding.
- Assisting with mobility and transfer using correctly any specialised equipment provided.
- Participation in ward meetings.
- Adhere to infection control policies and maintain ward cleanliness.
- Maintain and develop good professional relationships with residents, colleagues and visitors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Will be required to be signed off as competent at the induction training.
- Available to work a flexible shift pattern including 1:1 support, evenings and weekends.
- All Ann's Care Home Health Care Assistant staff will be required to complete and obtain a minimum 60 per cent in Level 2 of The Deprivation of Liberty module.
- Eligibility to work in UK.
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Health care experience not essential but it is desirable.
Work time day duty 8am - 8pm, night duty 8pm - 8am. To apply email your CV to the employer. We reserve the right to enhance the criteria at shortlisting stage. Ann’s Care Homes are an Equal Opportunities Employer. £100 joining bonus T&C's apply; Free uniform; Four weekly pay; Holiday pay; Paid Access NI Check; Free practical and online training; Immediate interviews offered.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Carers and Support Workers
- Co Tyrone
- £9.50 per hour.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date