Consultant Physician in Care of the Elderly Medicine
The post holder will have clinical leadership responsibilities in Geriatric Medicine Services. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality service to his/her patients in line with the Trust’s key strategic objectives. This will involve a close working relationship with Consultant colleagues, managers, other community staff and General Practitioners. The post holder will provide clinical leadership within a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment, within the Trust. The post holder will work as a member of a team of highly motivated and dedicated geriatricians and will be expected, in co-operation with other colleagues, to provide advice on planning, monitoring, resource allocation and service development to the Senior Management Team within Elderly Care Services. The post holder will join a Consultant Older Persons Service on-call rota plus stroke thrombolysis rota within Western Health and Social Care Trust. The Trust will ensure that working arrangements do not contravene the European Working Time Directive. The post holder will play an important role in the further development of geriatric medical services in the Northern sector of the Trust..
- To respond to Priorities for Action, regional and commissioners' strategies and Trust and Service group management plans.
- To support the Western Health and Social Care Trust reform and modernisation agenda, particularly relating to unscheduled care arrangements, stroke care and development of admission avoidance and community support services for older people.
- To support the delivery of access targets and emergency care reforms within the Western Health and Social Care Trust.
- To provide high quality, cost-effective care.
- To maintain acute medical and rehabilitation services for older people, and other patients when appropriate, including inpatient and outpatient management of non-elective and elective admissions
- Participate in training of junior medical staff and medical students, ensuring this is of the highest quality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must hold or be eligible for Full GMC Registration and licence to practise
- Applicants must be on or be eligible to be on the GMC Specialist Register for Care of the Elderly Medicine via:- CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date) CESR or European Community Rights
- Applicants must hold MRCP or equivalent qualification.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport
- Applicants must have knowledge of Stroke Management
- Speciality interests complimentary to Consultants in post (e.g. Falls / Osteoporosis / Intermediate Care / Community Care)
- Patient Centred Care, Integrated Care Pathways, Community Care and Promote Health & Active life in older age
- Integration of Care of the Elderly Service within the Hospital
- Special Aptitudes: Clinical Governance, Revalidation/Appraisal, Good Communication/Interpersonal skills, Teamwork/Leadership and Teaching - training/supervising undergraduate and postgraduate trainees
- Higher Qualifications, E.g. MD, PhD
- Research/Publications/ Presentations experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Work Time: Rota based, to be confirmed.
Please apply via: www.jobs.hscni.net
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Medical and Healthcare
- Derry or Londonderry
- Altnagelvin Area Hospital
- £84, 975 - £114, 567 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date