Lead Pharmacist Medicines Information with on call
The post holder will be responsible for leading the provision of medicines information and advice enquiry services for South Eastern HSC Trust, which is aligned with the UK Medicines Information (UKMi) clinical and strategic network. The post holder will be responsible for leading provision of training to pharmacists and all relevant pharmacist training programmes within the Trust for medicine information enquiry skills learning and development. The post holder will also be involved with peer review for the Northern Ireland Medicine Information Service Network and provision of regional medicine information enquiry skills learning and development programmes. The Pharmacist appointed will be a member of the pharmacy team providing Pharmaceutical Services to the South Eastern Health and Social Services Trust .
- To develop and maintain highly specialist services for medicines information and provide advice to the Northern Ireland Medicines Information Service Network on best practice, training and peer review
- To provide information &highly specialist advice on patient management to medical and other clinical staff &to support evidence based decisions on the use of medicines, in partnership with patients &other health professionals within specialist areas
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must demonstrate on their application form that they are currently an employee or an Intern of the South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust.
- Have a minimum 2 years at Band 7 or above Experience in the management of complex clinical enquiries
- MPharm or equivalent qualification Be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or eligible for membership
- Minimum of a post-graduate Masters OR higher qualification OR minimum of a post-graduate Diploma and currently undertaking the final year to complete Masters qualification.
- Teaching experience (e.g. to pharmacists or pharmacy staff or other health professional/ multi-disciplinary team/s or patients).
- Experience of undertaking/contributing to audit/research/quality improvement projects
Work time: Between 8.30am - 6pm depending on rotas.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Co Down
- Ulster Hospital Dundonald
- £47,126 - £53,219 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date