Foundation Year Pharmacist Training Scheme (Band 5)
The post is primarily a training one (either a 6 or 12 month fixed-term, temporary contract) where the graduate gains the practical experience necessary for registration with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI). The graduate is expected to meet the learning and development professional standards as developed by the PSNI through participation in the provision of safe and effective pharmaceutical services. They are expected to undertake a structured schedule of work rotating between clinical services, dispensary services, aseptics services as well as medicines information and other specialist areas within the Trust. They will be supported in making the transition from undergraduate student to healthcare professional who can work effectively and independently as a registered pharmacist. The graduate will be managed by their Trust based Foundation Year Educational Supervisor..
- To participate in the competency-based training programme as required by the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.
- To participate in Trust and Regional education and training programmes and other activities to develop skills as part of a commitment to continuing professional development.
Skills and Qualifications
- All applicants must possess a Masters degree in Pharmacy, or equivalent, upon appointment
- Overseas Pharmacist Assessment Program Postgraduate Diploma or MSc OSPAP (This must be achieved on commencement of appointment)
- Previous experience of hospital or community pharmacy practice
Location: To be confirmed - One of HSC Hospitals
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- All of Northern Ireland
- See further info.
- £25,655 - £31,534 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date