Responsibility for Reception & Administration within the Medical Practice. .
- Greeting patients in person and on telephone, making, cancelling appointments.
- Update patients computer records as directed.
- Liaising with various agencies where required to provide repeat prescriptions when authorised.
- Coordinate patient appointments, hospital letters etc with staff members to ensure procedures are effective.
- Diary management.
- Organising, filing and maintaining patient records.
- Maintain a tidy reception desk and public areas.
- Updating and maintenance of the practice filing system to include scanning of patient/ practice correspondence.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role (to include telephone & face to face contact).
- Fully computer literate.
- Evidence of working in a team & on own initiative.
- Excellent communication & organisational skills.
- Flexibility to cover sickness & holidays.
- 4 GCSE's grade A-C including English & Maths (or equivalent).
- Working within a GP surgery advantageous however full training will be given.
- Experience in a customer care role.
Worktime: Friday 8.30am - 6pm. 1 other day to be decided. On-site parking. Temporary with the view to going permanent.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Secretarial and Administration
- £10.30 per hour.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date