Our client, based in Lisburn is seeking a People Assistant to join their busy team. The People Assistant will report to the People Manager who covers multiple sites. The People Assistant needs to be comfortable being the contact person for people and pay queries. To assist the People Manager in providing a high-quality professional people service..
- To assist the People Manager in providing a high-quality professional people service.
- To support the management of time and attendance system Kronos, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate prior to payroll sign off.
- To ensure payroll is signed off in a timely manner - Lunar (4 weekly) & Monthly payrolls.
- Run payroll reports and check payroll for accuracy.
- To assist resolving pay queries when they arise.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are followed in line with the site agreement and legislation.
- To support absence management, including administration and policing of the absence procedure and providing guidance to managers.
- To provide support to managers, in particular, note taking during employee meetings i.e. disciplinary, grievance, absence, welfare, flexible working, etc.
- Maintaining administration records on the online Oracle Cloud portal system.
- Assist with recruitment on site and advise managers on any aspects of the recruitment process.
- To assist with onboarding of new employees, organising pre medicals, setting up access to IT systems etc.
- Managing occupational health appointments and ensure all records are kept up to date.
- To ensure personnel files are kept up to date and accurate to meet legal compliance requirements.
- To support with engagement and communication.
- Assist with audits.
- Raise Employee Service System tickets as required.
- To assist with general administration duties and assist/cover adhoc duties for Finance & Administration Clerk when required.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong numerical and literacy skills in English are essential
- High level of Microsoft skills especially in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills and confident in dealing with problems and challenges
- Ability to listen and understand people but also understand the importance of keeping information private and confidential
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to demands and changes in work activity
- A good team worker
- Can work to strict deadlines and under time pressures
- Oracle or Kronos system experience desirable
- The company reserves the right to heighten shortlisting
- Previous experience working in a people and/or payroll team with a CIPD qualification would be desirable however all relevant experience will be considered
Work time 20 hours worked over 4 or 5 days (days to be confirmed). This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to gain and develop experience in human resources. If you're interested in this role, contact our Lisburn office on 028 9260 5155 and ask to speak with Madona. Industrial Temps is an equal opportunities employer.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Secretarial and Administration
- Co Antrim
- £12,750 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date