Early Years Assistant
To work as part of a team caring for the daily needs of children within the Early Years Services in a variety of settings. To support the delivery of a safe, caring and welcoming programme for children and their families..
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and education for children within the Early Years Setting and/or the Programme for 2 Year Olds or Amigos After School.
- To work within the Line Management system and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Resource Centre Derry, Shantallow Community Support Partnership and SureStart Shantallow.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records as required by the policies and procedures of the Resource Centre Derry, Shantallow Community Support Partnership and SureStart Shantallow.
- To work as part of a team which demonstrates positive role modelling and promotes positive patterns of behaviour and respect for one another
- To share responsibility in providing a safe, secure and healthy environment, which enables access to productive play activities, which are child centred.
- To assist in implementing a daily routine which addresses the individual needs of children using a variety of play and learning opportunities.
- To operate within a key worker system observing, reviewing and evaluating the childs progress, maintaining systematic records to inform planning.
- To assist with the preparation of childrens records and reviews for parents, including transition forms to other agencies.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers ensuring a welcoming environment that supports their role and understanding of the care and education of their child(ren), including those with additional needs.
- To assist in the delivery of the Parental Involvement aspect of the Early Years Services and or the Developmental Programme for 2 to 3 Year Olds or Amigos After School.
- To assist in planning and carrying out home visits to families as required.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding information about parents and children using services.
- To participate in relevant training opportunities including all mandatory training and training in the Developmental Programme for 2 to 3 Year Olds if required, and personal development as identified with line manager
- To work as part of a team to maintain an organised environment and to uphold the general cleanliness of the setting and equipment.
- To attend and contribute to monthly team meetings, supervision and appraisal meetings as required.
- To liaise with other professionals where appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties deemed necessary within the scope of the position held.
- This Job Description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties as may be determined in consultation with the post holder.
Skills and Qualifications
- QCF Level 3 Childrens Care, Learning and Development or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in a formal early years setting in a paid, voluntary or training/placement capacity.
- Positive communication with parents and children.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with other professionals.
- Ability to plan and implement daily curriculum.
- Ability to record all work completed.
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of age appropriate behaviour management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working in partnership with parents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of child protection.
- 1 year experience in a formal early years setting in a paid capacity.
- Valid Certificates in Safeguarding Young Children in an Early Years Setting, Paediatric First Aid and Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
CVs will not be accepted. Work Time: Monday to Friday Closing date is 16th December 2022 at 12 noon - applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- EYA 12/22
- Job Sector
- Childcare and Social Work
- Derry or Londonderry
- £9.79 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date