To provide day-to-day first aid care for all students in the College. To provide high-level customer service to parents and students. To provide assistance to the Health & Safety Officer..
- To tend the needs of children who report to the medical room or require medical attention around the school, to carry out first aid and administer medication where necessary, complete accident report forms and forward to the Principal accordingly.
- To be sufficiently discerning to recognise pupils who are genuinely ill and to take appropriate action if serious illness is suspected. Where necessary, to contact parents and/or other medical professionals.
- To keep accurate and updated medical records of pupils, including the recording of all treatment and ensure all treatment areas is a clean, hygienic environment. To liaise with the Health and Safety Officer and report concerns to the Vice-Principal.
- To order medical supplies as appropriate to the needs of the pupils and take charge of the first aid kits, asthma kits, student medications and epi-pens. To ensure all medical care plans are renewed each year and keep updated medical registers.
- To take charge of the automated external defibrillation (AED) and the oxygen tank, checking regularly for damage. To assist in the evacuation of the building in case of fire alarm and organise Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEP) if required.
Skills and Qualifications
- First Aid at Work qualification.
- Proactive nature.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Paediatric First Aid qualification.
- Partially or fully registered Nurse (RGN).
- Recent first aid experience.
- Previous experience working with children in a school.
- Experience of Microsoft Office.
Working time: 9.20am to 3.20pm Monday to Friday (term-time only). Initially temporary until 30/06/23, possibility of permanency. Posts involving work in educational settings are regulated and subject to AccessNI Enhanced registration.
Please email the College HR Manager at: email@example.com for an application pack. Closing date 14/12/22.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Medical and Healthcare
- Co Tyrone
- £11.49 per hour (NJC5)
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date