Advanced Practitioner Physiotherapy
The post holder will work as an integral part of the specialist multidisciplinary team located in an acute inpatient mental health assessment and treatment unit. They will take the lead in the development of a new Physiotherapy service in this setting. The post holder will work as an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner. They will promote the autonomy and well-being of people with a physical dysfunction associated with mental and physical illness. They will take a lead role in the clinical management of service users to deliver highly specialist, holistic, person-centred assessment and treatment. They will focus on improving the health and wellbeing of service users by taking a lead role in developing and promoting exercise programmes, healthy lifestyle management plans and self-management through appropriate education and rehabilitation programmes. They will champion the benefits of exercise and physical activity to improve mood/motivation, promote holistic wellbeing and address co-morbidities associated with mental health diagnoses .
- Perform advanced physiotherapeutic assessment of patients/service users including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies in a wardsetting.
- Play a key role in service planning, delivery and evaluation of the inpatient mental health service, ensuring and maintaining provision of a high quality, effective, specialised service
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years post-registration experience, with a minimum of 3 years at Band 6 or above, in a setting where patients experiencing neurological, respiratory and orthopaedic conditions are presenting.
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy and hold Current Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registration.
- Evidence of completion of a minimum of 2 postgraduate courses focusing on the assessment and treatment of patients with a range of neurological, orthopaedic, rehabilitation and/or respiratory conditions.
- Completion of relevant MSc module e.g. Musculoskeletal, neurological or willing to complete within 2 years of taking up post.
Work Time: To be confirmed.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Medical and Healthcare
- Co Armagh
- Craigavon Area Hospital-Bluestone Unit/Ferns
- £40,057 - £45,839 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date