Senior Unit Catering Supervisor
To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a catering service. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit(s)..
- Execute skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provision for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate.
- Ensure that the kitchen and dining centres, if applicable, meet current standards of food safety legislation.
- Ensure all catering practice complies with appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Supervise and direct other employees including allocating duties and work rotas. Where employed at a transporting kitchen, duties also incorporate the work routine of the Catering Assistants and the operational issues of dining centres.
- Complete clerical duties associated with the efficient running of the kitchen, including cash handling.
- Carry out duties for jobs up to and including those in the same grade, provided such duties are within the competence of the employee.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold either (A) or (B): NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or City & Guilds 706-1 & 706-2 or equivalent or higher relevant qualification OR Three years experience of food preparation and cooking within a catering establishment.
- Evidence of effective supervision or management of a catering team.
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Knowledge of stock control and budget management.
- Willingness to undertake job related training.
- Evidence in the practical use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of delivering training.
- Have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Education Authority business) that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide sufficient information to satisfy the employer that you have access to an appropriate alternative form of transport that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
Please apply via this link: https://eani.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=22005236&lang=en A full list of responsibilities, essential and desirable skills can be found on the Education Authority website. The Education Authority is an equal opportunities employer.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Co Antrim
- St Anthony's Primary School, Larne
- £11.9165 - £12.8142 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date