This post relates to Anaesthesia rather than Critical Care. The post holder will work as part of the wider team, contributing towards the provision of comprehensive Services on the Altnagelvin site. There may be options for sessions on other sites in the Trust depending on the interests of successful candidates and service needs. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to develop subspecialty interests in specialties like Trauma and Orthopaedics or Cancer Surgery (ENT, Maxillofacial, Gynaecology, and Colorectal surgery). .
- To show leadership in the clinical environment and to support the clinical anaesthetic team.
- To appropriately manage patients' perioperative journeys.
- To expand the elective capability of the anaesthetic team.
- To enhance and extend the on call capabilities of the department.
- To undertake administrative duties associated with the care of patients and in the running of the clinical departments.
- To actively participate teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students, including Nursing and Professions Allied to Medicine.
- To participate in Departmental Audit Meetings and Postgraduate Conferences.
- To contribute as a team player in the wider objectives of the department and Trust.
Skills and Qualifications
- Full registration with the General Medical Council plus a Licence to Practise (must have both at time of appointment).
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in the UK or hold other appropriate equivalent qualifications.
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register for Anaesthesia via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date), CESR, or European Community Rights.
- Must have access to a means of transport to facilitate movement between sites.
- CCT in ICM as described by the Faculty of intensive care medicine (or evidence of equivalent level of experience/training).
- FFICM examination or other professional or higher qualification.
- Published Research, presentations and/or publications in critical care publications or at critical care meetings.
- Experience / qualification in Quality Improvement/Service Development.
- An interest or formal qualification in education. Experience of teaching other health professionals. Formal teaching qualification or Instructor status for relevant course on acute deteriorating patient, eg ALS/ATLS.
Work time: Rota, to be discussed. We are an equal opportunities employer
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Medical and Healthcare
- Derry or Londonderry
- Altnagelvin Area Hospital
- £84,975 - £114,567 per annum pro rata
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
You may also be interested in...
Western Health & Social Care Trust
Area: Co Fermanagh
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023