Deputy Childcare Manager
To support the Manager in the everyday running of Happy Days. To nurture and inspire Childcare staff. Maintain the vision and values of the Centre. .
- To be responsible for all aspects of the service delivered by Happy Days Community Childcare.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and legislation.
- To provide a high quality, safe, caring environment for the children.
- To manage, support and direct a team of staff.
- To work in partnership with stakeholders to promote the well being of the children.
- To manage enquiries, admissions and transitions.
- To implement and review policies, procedures and practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification e.g. Degree in Early Years Education, BA Hons Early Childhood Studies or QCF Level 5 Diploma in Children's Care Learning & Development
- At least two years experience of leading aspects of Early Years practice and development while working in a nursery or similar setting.
- Clean driving licence. Good knowledge and clear understanding of child development. In depth knowledge of child protection principles and procedures.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities. Ability to recognise, identify and solve problems. Experience of providing regular written reports. Ability to lead and manage a team.
- The ability to relate well to outside agencies and professionals. Willing to identify and undertake relevant training Commitment to act with sensitivity to maintain the ethos of Happy Days.
- In depth knowledge of child protection principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge of health and safety principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of inclusivity.
- Experience of providing high quality play opportunities.
- Ability to cope with many different roles/responsibilities.
- Ability to work on own initiative within agreed policies.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to establish good relationships with children, staff, parents, carers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Current Safeguarding qualification.
- Experience of working with children with disabilities and/or special needs.
- Good knowledge and experience of preschool education curriculum.
For further information and to request an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Work Time: Variable rota between 8am & 6pm Please note that due to the nature of this post and the law relating to it successful applicants will be: required to be checked through Access NI and Social Services, complete a Health Declaration form and provide suitable references. Any subsequent offer of employment will be subject to this process being satisfactorily completed.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- General Management
- Co Antrim
- £24,557 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date