Chemical and Biological Safety Advisor
Randox Laboratories is currently looking to hire an organised and detail orientated individual in the position of Chemical and Biological Safety Advisor. Based in the Randox Science Park in Antrim Town, Co. Antrim, the successful applicant will play a key role in implementing and promoting H&S procedure and policies in line with legislation and company objectives. The candidate must be available to travel within UK regularly..
- Assist and support department managers to develop work instructions, procedures, risk assessments, COSHH assessments and training to drive H&S compliance.
- Assisting with coordination of the companys compliance with NI and UK legislation applicable to chemical and biological safety.
- Conduct H&S inspections and audits in line with company policy and identify corrective and preventative actions along with audit recommendations for all interested parties.
- Maintain and update relevant H&S documentation for the company to demonstrate ongoing compliance to H&S regulators, auditors, insurers, and other enforcement agencies.
- Support the development and implementation of H&S policies across the company. Updating the company H&S legal register while maintaining a working knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Supporting the company to implement a robust biological safety management system.
- Provide independent review and audit functions and advise on specialised technical requirements pertaining to the transport of dangerous goods.
- Ensure the development and implementation of all necessary arrangements and processes to ensure suitable assessment of biosafety and ensure that all operational controls to eliminate or reduce biosafety are fully implemented and fully effective.
- Investigate biosafety and chemical incidents, including root cause analysis.
- Undertake the duties of Dangerous Goods Safety advisor (DGSA), in conjunction with relevant departments, regarding packaging and the transportation of dangerous goods.
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, at least 2(1) in a science discipline, or at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have an IOSH/NEBOSH qualification or be willing to work towards one.
- Excellent communication skills and experience conducting training sessions.
- Computer skills- Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience as a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor.
- Previous experience with Biosafety.
- Experience with CoSHH and conducting risk assessments.
- Experience in giving presentations.
- Experience in writing Material Safety Data Sheets to meet the current regulations.
- Managerial or supervisory experience.
8am-4.40pm. Days to be confirmed.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- Co Antrim
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date