Assistant Care Team Manager
Admiral Care ServicesEmployer Location: Antrim
Phone Number: 02890864055
You will work as a team to ensure Service Users to enjoy the best quality of life that they can in the comfort of their own homes. Ensure the Care team effectively achieves collaborative targets. Flexibility, initiative, compassion, good communication, administrative skills and excellent organisational skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role in our company. .
- Take part in the Direct Care Rota as required, including facilitating short notice emergency cover as part of the on-call process.
- Work with the Wider Management team to Manage a Staff team and service user caseload.
- Devise, monitor, manage and maintain Staff rotas to include absence and cover arrangements for periods of illness or annual leave.
- Take part in the out of hours on-call rota, effectively dealing with out of hours calls including arranging or providing cover for short notice staff absences.
- Assist with investigations and audits relating to the quality of the service and improvement actions.
- Monitor the performance of staff, utilising the performance management system and other processes as required.
- Conduct and collate regular reviews and surveys to ensure service delivery is following company and legislative guidelines.
- Take part in all relevant meetings as required, organising and conducting meetings with staff as required, keeping accurate minutes of same.
- Provide effective administrative support and reception cover as required within the office environment.
- Ensure effective, timely and accurate communication and information sharing between all levels of staff and a management.
- Ensure records are kept and maintained as required.
- The above list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure each Service has an assessment of needs and has been asked what they would like to achieve from their Care and Support, together with a Risk assessment.
- Before Service Commencement and there is tailored, comprehensive Written care plan.
- Ensure that the Service User and where necessary their representatives are provided with all the relevant information about the services offered
- Relevant information about the services offered so that they are clear about what they can expect and how to raise any concerns.
- Provide advice, training, Supervision and other relevant support to the Senior Care Worker team and the general Care Worker team
- Agreed targets and timescales to ensure they can effectively and efficiently carry out their role.
- Ensure that Staff have appropriate information and guidance to safely provide care and support as agreed and outlined in the Care Plans.
- Ensure all recording systems are accurately and effectively utilised including Admiral Book, the Daily record recording systems.
- Full, clean driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years full time or equivalent Care experience, 6 months of which should be at a supervisory level.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrable ability to lead teams towards shared positive outcomes.
- Demonstrable flexible approach ensuring the needs of the service are achieved.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative whilst retaining the ability to operate as a team player.
- Flexibility to operate across the service areas and times as required.
- Registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council or eligible and willing to do so.
- Able to undertake an Enhanced accessni check.
- ICT literate with particular focus on the MS office suite. Demonstrable ability to maintain efficient, accurate and effective records as required
Post will also attract both Mileage expenses and On-call allowance. Work time - varied times to be confirmed. You will need to be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council, or eligible to do and able to register upon successful completion of recruitment process. Ongoing membership is required. Please note this role requires completion of an Enhanced Accessni check.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- General Management
- Co Antrim
- £30,000 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date