Randox Laboratories are seeking applications from candidates to join our Crumlin Lab. These positions would be trained in one of the key areas of our Processing Lab. These include Extraction, PCR and QPCR. Full training is provided so it not essential to have previous experience in any of these areas. This is an opportunity to gain hands on lab experience. .
- The preparation and handling of samples and diagnostic reagents.
- Specimen Analysis, Storage and Disposal.
- Maintenance of Sample Inventory.
- The operation and maintenance of Bosch Vivalytic Analysers and IUL iPeak analyser.
- Ensuring that all laboratory-based testing for Molecular diagnostics is conducted accurately and in conjunction with RCLS standard operating procedures and in-line with ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 15189 Standards.
- Perform troubleshooting on technical issues associated with the Bosch Vivalytic Analyser and the IUL iPeak analyser
- Assist with improvememts including instrument validations and Reagent assessments.
- Responsibility and management of hygiene practices including appropriate cleaning of equipment, all analytical instruments and surfaces to limit contamination. Complete weekly swapping to ensure contamination is reduced to a minimum.
- Individual must be flexible in working hours if required and available to workdays, nights and weekends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to at least degree level in Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, Immunology, or a Life Science.
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience in an automated laboratory or diagnostic environment.
Work time: Alternating between 06:40-15:20 or 11:20-20:00, to be confirmed. This is an opportunity to gain hands on lab experience.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Co Antrim
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date