Senior Finance Officer/Accounting Technician
To work as part of a busy, highly focused and professional team providing accurate financial administration of all Employers For Childcare divisions, excellent customer service, advice, guidance and query resolution to the organisation and its clients. Please refer to the job description for a full job description and list of duties.
- Adhere to operational procedures which require quotations for all expenditure and that purchase orders are available for all purchases above a certain level.
- Maintain purchase and sales ledgers using Sage Accounts Line 5.
- Prepare accounts up to Trial Balance.
- Manage an effective credit control and purchase ledger systems to ensure payments are made/received in line with our terms and conditions and liaise with the line manager where problems arise.
- Maintain by category a register of all assets purchased and ensure adequate depreciation is provided in the management accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist Finance Manager with preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly and ad hoc reports for the CEO, Finance Committee and Board.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent Finance/Accounting degree
- Or where the applicant does not hold the relevant qualification they must have 5 years relevant experience gained during the last 8 years working in an accounts department
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an accounts department to include:
- Processing payroll
- Bank and cash reconciliations
- Preparation of accounts up to Trial Balance
- Preparation of payment runs
- Working with a computerised accounting package which uses nominal ledger, sales and purchase ledger invoice processing and payroll package
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Work Time: Monday - Friday Applicants should refer to the full job description and personnel specification Immediate start is available
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Accountancy and Finance
- Co Antrim
- £27,344 - £32,020 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date