Randox Laboratories are seeking applications from candidates to join our Science Park in Antrim. These roles will be based at our Science Park in Antrim..
- Be able to positively contribute to the design, development, execution and validation of multiplex molecular assays within the areas of infectious diseases.
- Troubleshoot and optimise assays if required.
- Have experience in the management, handling and correct disposal of clinical samples and diagnostic reagents.
- Assist in the development of new molecular assays and integration of developed molecular assays into the companys automated technology.
- Perform routine molecular techniques such as PCR, qPCR, and be familiar with the LAMP and digital PCR, use of alignment tools, bio-informatics and primer design.
- Be proficient in data management and the use of Microsoft Office.
- Be enthusiastic, have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be able to work well in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSC in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or subject in a similar discipline.
- Experience in using molecular biology techniques such as PCR/qPCR.
- Experience in data management and be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Experience in the management, and safe handling of clinical samples.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Primer design and bio-informatics experience.
Work time: 08:40-17:20, days to be confirmed
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Co Antrim
- Negotiable, to be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date