Quantity Surveyor (PPTO)
Construction & Procurement Delivery (CPD) is a business area within the Department of Finance. CPD has a leading role to play in providing value for money procurement solutions for works, supplies and services across the Northern Ireland Civil Service and the wider public sector. Property Services Division (PSD) was formed in July 2018 to provide Facilities Management & Property Maintenance Services, through a range of professional and technical services, to a broad range of NICS and wider public sector clients. The Quantity Surveyor plays a major role in this whole process to ensure that design quality and best value is achieved. CPD has a leading role to play in procuring high quality projects, utilising innovative value for money solutions across the Northern Ireland Departments and the wider public sector..
- Leading and managing a branch/operational unit responsible for the provision of quantity surveying services.
- Leading and managing the provision of a wide range of cost and procurement advice to Northern Ireland Departments, their Agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies and Councils.
- Leading and managing the delivery of a wide range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services to multi-disciplinary in-house construction project teams and clients.
- Leading and managing the provision of advice on the delivery of projects to ensure compliance with policy, statutory and legal requirements including the Public Contracts Regulations (2015).
- Leading and managing the preparation of contract documentation and analysis of tenders.
- Leading and managing the promotion of Northern Ireland Public Procurement Policy including the Achieving Excellence initiative and the Gateway Review process.
- Leading and managing the procurement and management of external consultants and contractors on construction projects.
- Leading and managing the monitoring and reporting on contract Key Performance Indicators.
Skills and Qualifications
- Be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Have at least 3 years experience, gained within the last 7 years in the provision of a range of quantity surveying services, including the provision...
- of cost advice to clients, at pre & post award stages of a construction contract & framework, with a contract value exceeding 5 million (Please refer to CIB)
Work Time: Monday to Friday. NICS Application form only (Please quote IRC288225). Vacancy closing date 3rd February 2023 at 12 noon. Applications from females, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Belfast, Clare House, 303 Airport Road West
- £52,026 to £55,685 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date