The post holder will work as part of a busy, highly focused and professional HR team providing support across a number of core HR activities including recruitment, absence management and employee relations. They will support the HR Manager on a day to day basis and help to provide a comprehensive and efficient HR service to the management and staff of Employers For Childcare and High Rise. With the support of the HR Manager they will ensure the organisation has an appropriately skilled workforce supported by relevant policies and procedures which are compliant with legislation and in line with best practice..
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process from vacancy notification to induction with new employees.
- Collate and record employee absence information including annual leave, TOIL, sick absence, return to work meetings and report to management.
- Ensure that accurate, adequate and up-to-date personnel information is maintained on all computerised and manual systems and is made available as required.
- Responsible for providing an effective advisory service to both managers and staff relating to all personnel issues.
- Act as a central point of contact for internal and external queries.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures in line with best practice to meet the needs of the organisation and ensure the promotion of good employee relations.
- Support line managers with the monitoring of probationary period for new employees and provide appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Act as note-taker at staff meetings.
- Assist other members of the HR team to ensure that all staff related paperwork is actioned and recorded, providing administrative support when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the achievement of the organisations goals and targets.
- Comply with the organisations Security & Confidentiality policy at all times, ensuring the highest levels of information security, data protection and confidentiality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant 3rd level qualification relating to HR Management, Learning and Development or Business Studies.
- A minimum of 2 years recent HR generalist experience, preferably gained within a similar role within a customer facing industry e.g. hospitality, retail, leisure.
- Minimum of 1 years recent experience of recruitment and selection from start to finish.
- Excellent IT skills/experience of using a variety of computer software packages and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of current and pending Northern Ireland employment legislation and best practice.
Please read the job description and personnel specification for full details and criteria for this role. Joining the Employers For Childcare team, you'll benefit from a competitive salary together with a wide range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, company pension scheme, health care cash back scheme, onsite parking, staff discount in High Rise and the opportunity for training, personal and professional development and career progression. Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities Statement Employers For Childcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as men are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from men. All appointments will be made on merit. Normal working hours are Monday - Friday 9am-5pm. Occasional evening and weekend work required with notice. A six-month probationary period applies.
Copy and paste this link to a new browser: https://bit.ly/EFC-HR-Officer
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Human Resource
- Co Antrim
- £24,496 - £26,845 (NJC Scale 5)
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date