To provide visitor information and deal with visitor enquiries. To deal with all bookings and income for facility hire, car parking, events, services and the caravan/camping site. Assist with marketing and promotional activities. Undertake general attendant duties as required..
- Undertake general attendant duties as required.
- To provide visitor information and advice to the public and other bodies, responding to both face to face and telephone enquiries.
- To raise awareness and appreciation of sustainable tourism and the natural and built heritage by communicating in a professional manner with visitors on Park history, facilities, conservation principles and activities, and care for the environment.
- To collect and ensure the safety of monies in accordance with procedures, and to disseminate information and prepare and maintain records/reports.
- To assist in the day to day operation of retail sales and booking activities, including cash handling, maintaining ledgers & booking diaries, stock control and merchandising.
- To issue receipts and booking remittance and be responsible for the security of money and preparation of bank lodgements, as required.
- To operate and maintain manual, computerised and online network information/filing systems including databases, spreadsheets, together with operation of a reservation system for events, workshops, meeting / conferencing, caravan and camping bookings
- To liaise with line management and maintenance teams on visitor facilities bookings and set-up arrangements
- To assist with the administration of marketing and promotional activities including direct mail and online campaigns, leaflet distribution, special offers along with the maintenance and updating of databases.
- To assist with a range of record keeping tasks including the preparation of timesheets and accounts for payment.
- To provide assistance at events and activities including stewarding duties and distribution and collection of monitoring & evaluation data/forms.
- To be the point of contact for customer complaints ensuring appropriate follow up and monitoring of resolutions in accordance with Council policy.
- To assist line management in the preparation and submission of funding, award and accreditation applications.
- To provide secretarial and word-processing support to line management including note taking, drafting and word-processing letters, agendas, minutes, reports etc.
- To undertake a range of other clerical tasks including emailing, postage, filing, faxing, photocopying and record keeping
- To attend staff meetings as requested by line management.
- To assist line management in the purchase of goods and/or services in accordance with councils procurement policy.
- To undertake general attendant duties as and when required e.g. waste collection, litter picking, cleaning, sweeping and salting of pathways.
- To check the safety of the Park and Park facilities prior to use by public and complete associated records.
- To act as a key holder and undertake opening and closing of facilities as and when required.
- To undertake any other relevant duties that may be required and are commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
Skills and Qualifications
- Grade C or above in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or equivalent and at least 6 months' experience of handling cash and keeping associated records in a work environment.
- In lieu of qualification 1 years experience of handling cash and keeping associated records in a work environment.
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Hold a full current driving licence.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and public/bank holidays.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including word, excel, databases and email.
- Good understanding of health and safety practice relevant to the role.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- At least 6 month's relevant experience working with members of the public in a customer facing role.
- Previous experience in an outdoor role that involved manual handling duties.
- Previous experience in a role that involved reception duties.
Equality Statement Newry Mourne and Down District Council is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to appointing the best person for the job, irrespective of gender, marital/family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, race, age or sexual orientation. The Council particularly welcomes applications from the Protestant community. Scale 3, SCP 5-6, £21,575 per annum. Work time - Monday to Sunday (5 days per week).
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Security and General
- Co Down
- Castlewellan Forest Park
- £21,575 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date