Handyperson / Gardener
The post holder is required to undertake a range of general maintenance, repairs and decorating in the Home/Supported Living Units. The role will be to ensure equipment, furniture, fixtures & fittings are maintained in a safe working state through servicing and repairs. The job description is not to be regarded as exhaustive or restrictive and may be subject to review as the duties and responsibilities of the post determine. The duties to be carried out will vary depending on the needs of the Home/Supported Living Units. The following tasks are a guide to what will normally be expected. .
- The post holder will liaise closely and on a daily basis with the Home Manager/Registered Manager in prioritising work and all duties must be carried out flexibly and in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- All aspects of grounds maintenance, including grass cutting, care of beds, plants, weeding, edging, tree maintenance, power hosing and maintenance of outbuildings as required.
- The grounds of the Home should be clean and tidy and in a litter free state.
- All aspects of caretaking duties, including minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Replacement light bulbs, fuses, rewire plugs as necessary.
- Follow decorating program as directed by Nurse Manager to include painting, wood staining and preparatory work as necessary.
- Replacement / repair of door handles / knobs / hinges and furniture fixtures and fittings as necessary.
- Maintain maintenance files with summary of work carried out and completion dates.
- Ensure waste area containing bins is kept tidy and bins are ready for emptying on collection day.
- Assist with moving furniture and goods' deliveries to maintain the smooth running of the home.
- All work must be carried out having full regard to health and safety matters at all times.
- Risk assessments must be carried out for all duties carried out by the post holder prior to any work commencing.
- The post holder must ensure all work carried out has considered the risks to clients, visitors and staff in the home.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with Manor Healthcares Policies and Procedures and to maintain necessary confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure R.Q.I.A Estates Minimum Standards are adhered to.
- Comply with the Health and Safety and Fire regulations.
- To carry out any other duties which are reasonable and commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a relevant role.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Full driving licence.
Work Time: 9am-5pm Monday - Friday. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced AccessNI. Worktime: 9am-5pm Monday - Friday. Overtime rate paid for specified bank holidays. Uniform provided. Bupa Cashplan (after 6 months). Staff Incentives. Free Parking. Free Meals. Registration with Blue Light.
To request an application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02893 341472
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Security and General
- Co Antrim
- £10.75 per hour.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date