Ceremonies and Events Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and organised person with extensive industry experience to join our OU Ireland team as a Ceremonies and Events Manager. The successful applicant will be part of the Marketing and Communications team working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness of the work of the OU in Ireland. The post holder will co-ordinate a range of exciting events including the annual degree ceremonies in Belfast and Dublin. These are key events in the university calendar and require exceptional leadership, planning and co-ordination skills..
- Develop and execute an annual event plan
- Build and develop relationships with partnership organisations
- Lead on the planning, communication, and delivery of graduation ceremonies
- Establish monitoring and reporting methods for multiple budgets
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree and/or appropriate professional qualification, or equivalent skills and experience.
- Experience of multi-tasking, showing a clear ability to prioritise work and deliver projects within tight timeframes
- Experience of planning and delivering successful events both in person and virtually.
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful working relationships with internal and external partners to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Knowledge of contemporary open and distance learning, educational technology and media.
- A recognised professional qualification relevant to events or project management.
Please visit the Open University vacancy website for full details regarding the role description & responsibilities alongside criteria for application. https://www.open.ac.uk/about/employment/vacancies/ceremonies-and-events-manager-open-university-ireland-20680 Work time: Various, to be confirmed
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- General Management
- £35,333 - £42,155 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date