To act as first point of contact for the HR function. Support and advise Line Managers and employees on all aspects of the employment life cycle i.e. recruitment, pre-employment, employee relations, policies and procedures, documentation, HR system requirements and general administration. To respond on volume queries within a controlled time-frame, escalate where necessary and contribute to the overall delivery of a busy HR department. This role would be suited to a candidate and is seeking administration/entry level experience within a busy HR department..
- To work collectively with the HR team to ensure support across all jurisdictions, whilst having the ability to work on their own initiative and ensure that the HR function is viewed as a trusted partner within the organisation.
- To communicate effectively and efficiently with Line Management and employees on general queries and resolving key transactional issues or operational issues with the support of the HR Business Partners.
- To assist HR colleagues and line management with key HR activity including scheduling, note taking and ensuring best practice is followed in discipline and grievance meetings
- To produce all documentation related to the employee life-cycle and update HRIS / relevant spreadsheets with accuracy and in a timely manner
- New Start / On-boarding, Attendance Management, Maternity, Paternity, Adoption or Parental leave, Flexible Working or contract amendments, employment references. Leaver administration, conducting exit interviews, providing feedback to line management
- To develop and build upon a trusted relationship with all staff. Manage electronic staff files sensitively and accurately.
- Support the management of staff files in line with GDPR regulations. Ensuring accuracy of data entry, managing HR information and supporting with report production and data analysis.
- To provide accurate information to the payroll department in relation to new starters, contract amendments, absence deductions including OSP entitlements and leavers in a timely manner prior to payroll cut off. To prioritise payroll queries.
- To support line management with the monitoring and management of company processes and procedures including attendance management.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above including English and Maths.
- Minimum of 2 years administration experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong administrative background.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Flexible, ability to juggle a number of conflicting priorities at the same time without having a detrimental impact on service delivery.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrable diplomacy skills, ability to influence.
Work time: Monday-Friday
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Human Resource
- £22,302-£29,432 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date