You will be responsible for a legal caseload entailing specialist advocacy and representation in addition to researching relevant legislation/caselaw. You will be responsible for providing advisers with legal advice and opinion on individual cases and general points of law. You will take the lead role for the identification, co-ordination and development of strategic casework within Housing Rights. As well as working with the Advice Services Team, you will contribute to research and policy development and help with Housing Rights internal publications, news team, website articles and other publications. You must work within the parameters of the NI legal aid scheme..
- Providing specialist legal support primarily by undertaking casework and also by providing legal guidance
- For full list of responsibilities please see detailed job description and person specification on website
Skills and Qualifications
- Legally qualified as a solicitor in NI at the time of application
- Current practising certificate (or entitlement to obtain one) from the Law Society
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of High Court and County Court procedures in NI
- For full list of essential skills please refer to person specification on website
- At least one years experience working in housing or the voluntary sector.
- A minimum of one years experience in NI working in a legal environment.
- For full list of desirable skills please refer to person specification on website
Work time: Negotiable Wage: £32,328 - £33,459 per annum pro rata
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Belfast, Newtownards Road
- See further information.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date