Deputy Harbour Master
To undertake all harbour duties as directed by the Harbour Master and to provide support during normal day to day activities, to pro-actively assist the Harbour Master and deputise for him in his absence to ensure that all required duties to be delivered by the team are undertaken safely and effectively. This is a 'hands on' position. The Deputy works together with other team members. A full Job Description and Person Specification is available on our website www.nifha.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com .
- Normal day to day activities include: plant, property and general maintenance, vessel slipping, ice supply, cleaning, waste collection and recycling, fish market working and Health & Safety duties.
- Provide support during normal day to day activities
- The job is varied by nature therefore a flexible approach is required. The post holder will undertake any reasonable duties as required by the Harbour Master that are within the competence of the post holder
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of operating and maintaining mechanical plant/facilities e.g. compressors, winches
- Experience of cleaning and maintaining property (buildings, roads etc.), Team working experience
- Proven ability to organise and lead a small team in the workplace
- Able to communicate clearly both in oral and written formats and to follow instructions
- Ability to keep basic written records, solve routine problems and to work on own initiative
- Ability to deputise effectively for the Harbour Master in his absence and to support him in the day to day running of the harbour
Although we prefer applicants to complete NIFHA's Application form, we may also accept a CV provided enough information is supplied to enable us to determine if minimum criteria has been met, as per the Person Specification. CV must also be accompanied by a completed monitoring form. Between Mon to Fri:06:00 & 21:00hrs Sat:08:00 & 12:00hrs-(rota system) Sun-Ice Plant on-call rota.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Transport, Distribution and Warehousing
- Co Down
- Kilkeel Harbour
- £386.80 per week gross before allowances and overtime
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date