On Call Firefighter
On-Call Firefighters play a critical role in protecting the local community and many of our fire stations depend on the contribution of our part time firefighters to ensure we can respond to emergency calls. This is a worthwhile and rewarding role providing an opportunity to work as part of a team, receive excellent training and develop a wide range of skills and experience..
- Firefighters respond to emergencies, they are also involved in community education, fire and accident prevention activities, all designed to protect their local community.
Skills and Qualifications
- To fulfil the role you will need to meet the required standard of physical fitness and be able to meet a range of other criteria including the ability respond to emergency calls by attending the fire station within 5 minutes of being alerted.
- In addition, you are required to attend a mandatory 2 hour drill night each week, and regular role related training courses.
- See Candidate Information Pack at www.nifrs.org for full details in relation to all of the criteria.
Work time: See Candidate Information Pack on www.nifrs.org. Locations of the fire stations: Antrim, Ballycastle, Ballyclare, Ballymena, Ballymoney, Ballynahinch, Ballywalter, Bangor, Belleek, Carnlough, Carrickfergus, Carryduff, Castlederg, Clogher, Coleraine, Comber, Cookstown, Crescent Link, Crossmaglen, Custandoll, Downpatrick, Dromore (Co.Down), Dromore (Co.Tyrone), Dungannon, Dungiven, Enniskillen, Fintona, Glengormely, Holywood, Irvinestown, Keady, Kilkeel, Kilrea, Larne, Lisburn, Lurgan, Maghera, Newcastle, Newtownhamilton, Newtownstewart, Omagh, Portadown, Portaferry, Portrush, Portstewart and Warrenpoint.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- All of Northern Ireland
- See further information.
- See Candidate Information Pack on www.nifrs.org
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date