Component Quality Inspector
Our client, a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry is seeking a Component Quality Inspector for the final assembly / Plastics Department, based in Portadown..
- Perform independent product verification checks to ensure parts, assemblies and finished products conform to drawings and design specifications.
- Inspection of components.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct visual, cosmetic, dimensional, mechanical, and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Follow all health & safety procedures and report accidents and near misses.
- Provide direct feedback to the areas Quality Assurance Engineer, Lead, Technical Lead and Operators after each formal inspection.
- Participate in Material Review Boards and authorise or reject proposed product dispositions (Use As-Is, Rework, Scrap and Return to Vendor).
- Offer recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
- Where necessary conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Level, with Grade C or above in Maths and English and/ or a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- 1 year's previous experience in a Quality role/ Quality environment
- Quality inspection experience within a manufacturing /engineering environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and functionalities within Excel
- Working knowledge of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Able to demonstrate experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometres and callipers etc
- Ability to perform inspections using inspection instructions, documentation and standard/ required processes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/ or instructions.
- Capacity to think analytically and formulate decisions driven by data.
For more information regarding this role, please contact our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 and ask to speak with Christine. Work time: Monday to Friday (Day and Night Weekly Rotation shifts) Day 6:30am to 2:45pm Night 10pm to 6:15am
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Armagh
- Competitive, to be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date