Responsibility for Reception & Administration within the Medical Practice. .
- Greeting patients in person and on telephone, making, cancelling appointments.
- Update patients computer records as directed.
- Liaising with various agencies where required to provide repeat prescriptions when authorised.
- Coordinate patient appointments, hospital letters etc with staff members to ensure procedures are effective.
- Diary management
- Organising, filing and maintaining patient records
- Maintain a tidy reception desk and public areas
- Updating and maintenance of the practice filing system to include scanning of patient/ practice correspondence
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role (to include telephone & face to face contact)
- Fully computer literate
- Evidence of working in a team & on own initiative
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Flexibility to cover sickness & holidays
- 4 GCSE's grade A-C including English & Maths (or equivalent).
- Working within a GP surgery advantageous however full training will be given
- Experience in a customer care role
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6pm. On-site parking. Temporary with the view to going permanent.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Secretarial and Administration
- £10.37 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date