MTC Quantity Surveyor
Working as part of a contract management team we are seeking a highly experienced measured term contract Quantity Surveyor. You will be part of a team providing commercial support and delivery of planned & reactive maintenance, minor and major works projects in Northern Ireland. .
- Quantify and produce minor works final accounts based on PSA Schedule of Rates ensuring all are accurately completed and to programme.
- Quantify and produce monthly valuations for larger projects, measured and submitted at key milestones of the construction programme.
- Overall management of accounts submissions in accordance with company and contractual deadlines.
- Evaluation of sub-contractor applications & payment certificates.
- Produce accurate monthly work in progress (WIP) estimates of accrued revenue and cost liabilities, accounts programme and progress reports.
- Assist clients & operations teams to provide budgets & pre-measured quotations.
- Prepare and submit contract Variations / Compensation events as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying or a minimum of four years experience of managing cost elements of building projects, reactive maintenance and minor works projects.
- Demonstrate previous experience working on MTC contracts with a sound knowledge of Schedule of Rates (PSA).
- Demonstrate previous experience in a QS role including account billing and calculating work in progress.
- Experience working with a computer-based cost management system, as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Knowledge of the H&S at work (NI) order 1978 and current amendments.
- Demonstrate previous experience and knowledge of NEC4, JCT & GC Works contracts.
- Experience in both minor/maintenance works & major project contracts.
- CSR/CSCS Trained.
- Experienced in dispute resolution.
- Experience of managing profit and loss accounting and working to budgetary targets.
Work time: Mon-Thu 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-3.45pm. At GRAHAM, we’re not just one of the UK’s leading Total FM providers - we’re also a trusted partner, committed to enhancing the experience and making the lives of our clients’ easier. Your varied and valued contribution will help us create a hassle-free environment. Energised by continued growth and boasting an annual turnover in excess of £948m per annum, we’re committed to investing in our people and creating the conditions for them to excel. Location: Airport Road West, Belfast. Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours, Mon-Thu 08:30-17:00, Fri 08:30-15:45. Job Type: Permanent, Full Time.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Construction, Trades and Architecture
- Competitive, to be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date