Classroom Assistant (Special Educational Needs)
Under the direction of the class teacher/outreach teacher/Education Authority, assist with the educational support and the care of the pupil(s) with special educational needs who is/are in the teacher’s care in or outside the classroom..
- Assist the teacher with the support and care of pupil(s) with special educational needs e.g. enable access to the curriculum, attend to personal needs including dietary, feeding, toileting etc.
- Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the pupil(s) to be supported.
- Assist with authorised programmes (e.g. Education Plan, Care Plan), participate in the evaluation of the support and encourage pupil(s) participation in such programmes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a minimum of a Level 3 childcare qualification as approved by EA (A list of approved qualifications is available to download from the EA website eani.org.uk)
- Have a minimum of one years experience of working with a child/children in a formal learning environment e.g. school, nursery or playgroup
- Evidence and experience of using ICT at class and/or whole school level Microsoft Word and Outlook, and/or C2K schools IT systems
Base of Location: Ballylifford Primary School. A full list of resonsibilities, essential and desirable skill can be found on the Education Authority website. The Education Authority is an equal opportunities employer. £11.4935 - £11.7029 per hour. Work time - Monday - Friday
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Education and Training
- Co Tyrone
- See further information.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date