Nursery Assistant post to cover maternity leave..
- To provide a safe and caring environment for children. to follow policy and procedures.
- To ensure that no child is left unattended at any time.
- To adhere to all Hilltop Day Nursery policies and procedures including health and safety.
- To follow the Child Protection policy, to know the DCPO and to understand the whistle blowing policy.
- To record all incidents/accidents in the appropriate book.
- To interact with children at all times at their levels, in all areas including the dining room.
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children within Hilltop Day Nursery.
- To assist the team with the development of play programmes for all areas.
- To take part in outings.
- To maintain daily reports and observation records-using the key worker system-observing, reviewing and evaluating the childs progress, maintaining records to inform planning.
- To communicate with parents daily on the well being of their children and to relay any relevant information from them to other members of the team. (N.B. Any info obtained about parents, children or their families is to be treated as confidential).
- To assist in implementing a daily routine which addresses the individual needs of children using a variety of play and learning opportunities.
- To assist with the toileting, nappy changing and feeding of children in all areas according to their daily routine and the Nurserys hygiene standards.
- To set out and tidy away play equipment and/or nursery furniture in a safe manner- indoors and out.
- Equipment on the patio should be put away before leaving the area.
- To check every day that each piece of play equipment is clean and safe for the children to use.
- To ensure the rooms/bathroom are cleaned at regular intervals to maintain optimum standards of hygiene.
- To ensure that rooms are clutter free to prevent accidents.
- To work as part of team which demonstrates positive role modelling and promotes positive patterns of behaviour and respect for one another.
- To inform the Supervisor about any materials or equipment that should be replaced.
- To attend staff and training meetings when requested.
- To liaise with other health professions where appropriate.
- If necessary, to answer the telephone and to take messages to be passed onto Supervisor/ Childcare Manager/ Owner from the public or parents according to Day Nursery policy. No information should be given out if unsure of the facts.
- To use all resources carefully including heat, light, paper, paint etc.
- To perform any other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Qualifications
- NVQ level 2 in CCLD or similar qualification.
Position to cover maternity leave (approximately 10 months) Work Time: Open 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday hours worked will be varied on a rota.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Childcare and Social Work
- Derry or Londonderry
- To be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Open 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday hours worked will be varied on a rota.