The successful candidate will work within the agreed Terms and Conditions of Service for Vice-Principals. The Vice-Principal will be required to deputise for the Principal when necessary and take an active part in all aspects of school life. .
- A person appointed Vice Principal in a school, in addition to carrying out the professional duties of a teacher, shall play a major role under the overall direction of the principal in:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school;
- Establishing the polices through which they will be achieved;
- Managing staff and resources to that end;
- Monitoring progress towards their achievement;
- Undertaking any professional duties of the principal delegated to him/her by the principal;
- Undertaking to the extent required by the principal or the relevant body or employing authority the professional duties of the principal in the event of his/her absence from the school.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a teaching qualification which meets the requirements for recognition to teach in grant-aided schools in Northern Ireland;
- Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification teaching experience in primary education, and/or equivalent experience in an affiliated educational body working in an area that relates to the primary sector, within the last 10 years.
- Have successfully completed an additional post graduate (or equivalent or higher) qualification in Education.
- Have obtained an undergraduate degree classification 2:1 or higher.
Base of location: Abercorn Primary School, Banbridge Work Time: Monday to Friday Wage: £49,781 - £54,929 per annum pro rata. Entitlement to a break of at least 30 minutes between the hours of 12 noon and 2pm. A full list of responsibilities, essential and desirable skills can be found on the Education Authority website The Education Authority is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Education and Training
- Co Down
- Abercorn Primary School, Banbridge
- See Further Information
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date