Classroom Assistant (SEN)
Under the direction of the class teacher/outreach teacher/Education Authority, assist with the educational support and the care of the pupil(s) with special educational needs who is/are in the teacher’s care in or outside the classroom..
- Assist the teacher with the support and care of pupil(s) with special educational needs e.g. enable access to the curriculum, attend to personal needs including dietary, feeding, toileting etc.
- Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the pupil(s) to be supported.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a minimum of a Level 2 childcare qualification as approved by EA (A list of approved qualifications is available to download from the EA website www.eani.org.uk)
- Have a minimum of six months experience of working with a child/children in a formal learning environment e.g. school, nursery or playgroup
- Have a minimum of one years experience of working with a child/children with special educational needs
- Have a minimum of six months experience working as a Classroom Assistant with a child/children with special educational needs
Location: Dundonald High School Work time: Monday - Friday, times to be confirmed.
Application and Job Information: https://eani.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en (copy and paste link to your browser) Search for job using ref: 23000160
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Education and Training
- Co Down
- £11.4935 - £11.7029 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date