IT Service Desk Deputy Manager
Are you looking for an exciting career within a state of the art, innovative company? If yes, Randox could be the place for you. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing, mentoring, and developing the IT support team as we aim to provide and deliver a highly responsive and first class support to all Randox employees and third party. Our IT Department has a proven track record for delivering exceptional results to all sectors of the business. At the 2021 Belfast Telegraph IT Awards Randox won 4 awards Overall IT Company of the Year WINNER IT Team of the Year WINNER IT Project Team of the Year WINNER Digital Project of the Year WINNER .
- Responsible for assisting front line IT support within Randox Group.
- Responsible for the managing and mentoring of the Support team and evaluate performance.
- Monitor service desk SLAs as set by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a high service level for customers and provide management with weekly stats on team performance.
- Ensuring incidents and requests are handled in professional and timely manner.
- Ensuring support tickets are updated with accurate and informative information, enabling other members within the team to assist if needed.
- Assist IT Service Desk Manager in creation and implementation of service improvement plans.
- Identifying trends and problems, then develop initiate service improvements based on evidence.
- Provide service reports to management.
- Manage rotas and ensure desk has adequate cover during holidays and absences.
- Ensuring staff are fully trained and recommend training and development courses.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of information security as identified by the ISO 27001 management team.
- Report all information security related incidents to a member of the IT security team as soon as possible.
- Adhere to all information security requirements associated with your role, including the clear desk policy, password policy and sensitivity labelling requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to a degree level in a computer-related discipline or 3 years, experience of managing a service desk team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven ITSM/ITIL process experience or certification
- Broad understanding of application, infrastructure, and end user computing technology.
- Communicating in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner with all stakeholders.
- Establish mechanisms to see out and respond to feedback from customers about service provided.
- Regularly monitor and priority tasks for service desk staff.
- Regularly monitor own and teams work against milestone or targets and act promptly to keep work on track and maintain performance.
£1500 signing on fee (for direct applicants). Generous salary offered. Work with innovative technologies and applications. Career progression opportunities. Creativity encouraged and supported. Personal development and certified training. Work time 8.40am - 5.20pm.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Antrim
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- 8:40 - 17:20